This workshop is suitable for anyone who wants to learn how to take control of their camera and unleash new creative photographic images. By taking your camera off the program mode and familiarizing yourself with the features and functions of your camera you will be able to use it effectively and take better pictures!
In this class we will cover the fundamentals of everything you need to know about your camera, including proper exposure in manual mode, as well as shutter speed and aperture settings, and how to put them all together to create your image. You will get hands on experience and a lot of time to ask questions about how to operate your specific camera to maximize your shots.
Topics We Will Cover:
1. The Basics of Exposure: taking the mystery out of shutter speed, aperture, and ISO.
2. The camera and controls demystified: F-Stops and shutter speeds .
3. Shooting Modes: AV, TV, M, or Program?
4. White Balance: How to eliminate weird colors in your images.
5. File Formats: JPEG or Raw?
6. Lenses: How are they different? And learn how to see the way the camera does.
7. Focusing: How to focus on your subject.
8. Using Flash: Learn the basics of using the flash.
9. Cleaning and maintenance of your camera.
10.Composition: Rule of thirds, and other ways to improve your pictures.